The Bold Collective’s Sustainability Micro-Grant is OPEN for proposals. Deadline to submit a proposal is 5pm on Friday 15th September.
What is the Sustainability Grant?
The Sustainability Micro-Grant is part of The Bold Collective’s new creative programme. The Bold Collective are a youth-led cohort who aim to reach young people across the city through cultural workshops, events and community-led opportunities. The Sustainability Micro-Grant is an opportunity for young people to apply for a small fund to deliver a project, increase the capacity of their practice, or access materials to improve their art-form. All proposals must have a strong focus on sustainability and environmentally friendly practice.
The Bold Collective believe that all young people have the right to be creative and that the arts really do change lives for the better.
The Bold Collective would like to invite young members of the creative and cultural sectors to submit proposals to be awarded micro-grants of up to £500 for a Sustainable Project, Session or Development which will be taking place between October 2023 – February 2024. The Sustainability Grant can be for an individual or group. The Bold Collective is looking to support a maximum of six projects between October 2023 and February 2024 through this first year of the programme.
What can the micro grant cover?
The grant can be used towards;
- A project, creation or session which takes place in Glasgow with a sustainability focus or environmentally friendly aspect
- Pilot projects or new partnerships (partnership between Bold Collective members are encouraged)
- To support activities going online/digital with an environmentally friendly aspect
- To support the commissioning of a freelance artist(s) to carry out a piece of work that benefits the local community or a community of interest in a green/environmentally friendly way
- Materials, equipment and/or digital costs for a practice or workshop (although this must not exceed 30% of the total amount asked for)
A grant will not be awarded to;
- Anyone outwith our funded age range of 16-24
- Projects that will take place outside of Glasgow
- Cover costs that are not ‘business or trading’ related such as someone’s personal rent or mortgage
- Cover historical costs, such as an item purchased before 15th October 2023
- Someone other than who the grant was intended for (it cannot be passed to someone else or another organisation in need)
- Pay off a debt
- Projects that do not have a sustainability focus to their work or practice
- Proposals submitted after the deadline of 15th September 2023
- Projects or spending which takes place after 1st March 2024
- Proposals seeking more than £500 from The Bold Collective
How to apply
Please access the Guidance Document and Project Proposal Form using the links provided. Applicants are encouraged to read the Guidance Document carefully before submitting a proposal. The Project Proposal Form should be submitted to Cat Gilmore at email@example.com no later than 5pm on Friday 15th September. Proposals submitted after this date will not be considered.
If you require the form in another format or have any other access needs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.